Free Verse

Missing Something

I’m missing him and I don’t want to be having these feelings
I’m missing him despite the shit he put me through
No I won’t go back I don’t believe in taking steps backwards
I just want this damn longing to stop
Cut my heart out and place it on the ground
To be stomped on all over again damn him
and I am damned for thinking of him
I’m missing him, gotta get that poison out of my system
How do I do it what’s going to erase his face, his touch
The way we made love
I hear a song and suddenly I’m reliving memories of him
I’m insane I have to be for these feelings to be in control of me
No I won’t go back I don’t believe in taking steps backwards
I’m missing him and I hate myself for this weakness
I need to purge him from my soul
Is he facing this agony too?
Or is out of sight out of mind
I’m missing him but not for long