Free Verse

I Need Another Scotch



What do I do now throw my hands up wave a white flag and surrender
Stagnant unmoving emotions on a roller coaster of disaster
No more to the point of staggering off a cliff free falling
Well maybe it’s even more than that unscrew the top pour a shot
They say if you hold a bird to long it loses all since of self, crippled by dependency
No independence, wait clipped wings don’t grow back do they
Oh hell the sense I’m making, none take a sip
Too many hours spent going over this road map called, what, life?
Damn what was the name of that psychiatrist just as well probably
Put a spell on me instead of helping me to figure out my self
Lie on his couch watching his luscious mouth
Each word he forms making me warm
His deep expressive eyes undressing me, yep I know what
He’s thinkin and I’m thinking it too next one make it a double no ice
Okay I’m putting the glass down everything is becoming
 Muddled scuttled there’s a rattle going off inside my brain
Laughter, is someone else in the room with me or
Am I going insane?
Oh okay it just me then again I think the
Man on TV is speaking let me turn up the sound
“Are you sitting alone in a dark room talking to yourself? Well if you are you might
Want to get off the damn couch and turn on some lights” the bottle is empty
I need another scotch